Malvern Hall, St Martin's School for Girls
Client: St. Martin's School
Miscellaneous projects 2000-2013
Malvern Hall, which was built in 1690 and remodelled and enlarged in 1770’s by Sir John Soane lies within Brueton Park Conservation Area.
For over 10 years up until 2013, Helen was the school’s primary contact for advice on repair and restoration works and new build projects within the school’s grounds that lie within the Brueton Park Conservation Area. The role required the balancing of the changing educational needs of the school with preserving the integrity of Malvern Hall grounds and setting and its history of adaption for school use.
Projects included: New build performing arts building, Works to Grade II listed garden boundary wall; repairs, re-pointing and new buttress; Sixth Form centre (internal re-modelling and repair of two existing parallel Grade II listed stable blocks and coach house); first floor extension and alteration works to the 1930’s Grade II listed quadrangle and restoration of the original 1930’s dining room space into the school library.
Glenn Howells Architects Role: Project Architect, Project lead from inception. RIBA A-L
Images courtesy of Glenn Howells Architects